The topic I would like to share with you today is about competing this is such a huge problem for me in my life. I tend to find myself competing with others over having a great blog, being skinny, and trying to be the best. I know I am not the best one bit but I compete with my inner self on being the best. This video from Studio 5 is so great and is exactly what I needed to hear. Julie de Azevedo Hanks talks about 'How to Stop Competing with Others.' I would like to touch on a few key parts:
1. Here are 4 reasons why we compete:
- We compete to cover up insecurities and self-doubt
- We compete to prove self worth, that we're good enough and loveable. I think this may be the number one reason why I compete.
- We compete because we're afraid that there is a limited supply of love and success.
- We compete because we are grown up in a competitive nature where there is only one winner.
2. "Each woman has a unique path, unique talents, and unique challenges." I love this! I believe this is so true. I have a hard time with this because I find myself constantly saying "I wish I had a house like so and so," "I wish I had bills paid off like so and so," "I wish I had the strength to work out and lose weight like so and so," but I don't. I am a unique individual with a unique path, unique talents, and unique challenges there is no one out there that is like me I am unique!
3. The last thing would be to appreciate all things beautiful. I love this, it is so simple yet so powerful. I think I need to focus more on how life is beautiful and how things just always seem to work out in the end instead of trying to control everything and try to be perfect in everything.
I decided I would take my favorite quote from this subject on competing and create a little print out. You can download it from the link below or just look at it. I don't expect everyone to have to download it just thought I would create it for myself and share it in case anyone else wanted it as well. Here it is:
This is a free printable that I have created just for you! I hope you enjoy it! You can click here to download it for free!!