PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Allie Jeanene Stringham - The Most Amazing Person I Knew

I am sorry I have not written a blog post in a little bit.  I have been having a really hard time since Wednesday.  On Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. I got a phone call from my mom, she sounded very sad and I was unsure of what was going on.  She proceeded to tell me that my Grandma Stringham was in the hospital and that she was not doing good.  As soon as I heard this I knew she was not going to last long.  She had been in the hospital multiple times before but this time was different.  The doctors found a tumor in her stomach that was bleeding and also it looked like there could be cancer in her stomach. They told her that they had medications, and surgeries that they can try if she wanted.   She told the doctors that she can not fight anymore and that she felt it was her time to go.  She passed away that night at 5:30 surrounded by her husband and children and grandchildren.  

Jeanene was the most amazing person I have ever met in my life.  Last week I started a new topic where we focus on finding out who we really are as people.  You can see the blog post here. I had no idea that she was going to pass away just two days after writing that post.  I was not able to say goodbye to her when I got to the hospital she was too sedated, but I know she knows how I feel.  Her funeral was yesterday and it was the best funeral I have ever been to.  We had a lot of people that came out to support my Grandpa and show love to my Grandma.  There were a lot of wonderful talks reminiscing about her and sharing qualities and attributes about her.  Here are a couple of things about Allie Jeanene Stringham that I would like to share with you.  

 This is Jeanene at age 3. She was the cutest little girl ever!  
She loved riding horses and being outdoors with nature.  She always loved to sit outside on her patio and listen to the birds chip and watch the deer come into her yard.  
 This is her as Queen of a Green Ball growing up.  She was so beautiful.  She was also Miss Bountiful, one of the top 10 contestants of Days of '47 Rodeo Queen, and a hand model.  She was so talented and very intelligent. 
This is my Grandma and my Grandpa.  They were so in love throughout all of their marriage.  My Grandma was my Grandpa's eyes and he was her hands and at the end of her life her legs.  

My grandma is such an example to me and I hope to strive to be just like her.  She always kept a journal through out all of her life and scrap booked her life.  She has over 30 scrapbooks.  She loved sewing and painting and created the most beautiful things.  I could go on and on for days about how amazing my Grandma is but I won't.  I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit about the woman she was and what a great example she was to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment